1. Although I have never dared, I would like to write a complete stream of consciousness post.
2. I get giddy when I see that someone has left a comment or when a single post gets more than 100 hits.
3. I cringe when I notice that I have omitted an apostrophe. The most unforgivable is "its" when it should be "it's." I found two such errors last week.
4. I like finding out tiny details about my neighbourhood by striking up conversations with complete strangers. Last week, I met a woman with a beautiful Maritime accent who told me that this was no ordinary cherry tree I was taking a picture of, but the largest and most beautiful in the Mile End. We stood talking with cherry blossom leaves scattered all over the ground around us, while a slightly retarded man proudly yelled, "That's my TREE! That's my TREE!" from across the street. The scent of the blossoms was heavenly. I love scenes like this and want to tell them to the world.
5. I often think that what I have written is absolute drivel. Thank you husband, father and friends for reading.
6. Some days, I stop and talk to homeless people because I want to know how they see the world and because I want them to know that I see them. They are not invisible.
7. I feel injustice in the pit of my stomach when I see an intelligent, competent woman passed over for a promotion. It reminds me that sexism runs deep in our subconscious, and although we all know it's there, we can't put our finger on the forces at play. Systemic sexism and racism have to be outed.
8. I compulsively edit (the form not the content of) my posts even after they have been published.
9. I feel compelled to write about feminism so that my bright, beautiful seven-year-old daughter will one day be paid a salary that is commensurate with her skills and experience.
10. I'm not sure why corporations think that I should care about their bottom line. They can run a business, make a reasonable profit and still not kill us all in the process. I feel compelled to push the message that their shareholders are not my f*$;^ing problem.
Have you got a confession that you would like to share? Maybe something you've never told anyone before but have been dying to say.
Other list posts:
6 Things Children Never Say
8 Symptoms of Internet Addiction
The Flavours of Social Media